Thursday 26 November 2009

Pattern - Baroque and my own designs


These are a few of my print designs for interiors, for which the inspiration is below:


The patterns below are taken from a book on Baroque wall coverings.  I have used these and other similar designs as inspiration to my knit and digital design work (seen above).  With knit I began looking at how folds distort the fabric and relating the pattern to the structure of each knitted sample.  Distortion led to drop stitch and rolled knit.

5 comments:

  1. Love the foxgloves! How many times have I said that?! J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colours with the red and green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scope of the foxgloves in the linear pattern provides an elegant repeatable theme in many materials, focusing contrast in the variation.
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  4. The design based on foxgloves is very British and very commercial, it's uses in all areas of textile production could be limitless.
    The blue colourways are very pure and refreshing, reflecting the essential Summer theme.

    Could be a signature print Harriet.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like these designs, the colours really go together. they are definately quite baroque.

    ReplyDelete